I have the most amazing and incredible new friends. I say something like “Hey – I have this new Jillian Michael’s DVD workout thing… want to come over and try it with me?”
And they say yes.
And they show up.
And they sweat, pant, laugh and hurt with me.
My new friends of two months.
Basically, they are great.
Also great… this Jillian Michael’s DVD. Only ironic because yesterday I blogged about my friend Jillian Michael’s… but this the real Jillian Michael’s. Confusing. I know. I’m sorry.
At the suggestion of a tall wonderful drop dead smart blonde fit friend of mine – I bought this 30 Day Shred Video on my iTunes. It was $8.99 – which although might be slightly breaking the first goal of the month… sure beats a monthly gym membership and joining fee… Plus, it’s like three videos in one (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3).
Basically – this is eight types of winning in one package.
- It’s a way to hang out with new friends.
- It’s a 20-30 minute commitment.
- You pick the time of day that works for you. Morning? Great! Evening? Perfect. It’s ready when you are.
- It’s on my iPad – I can be in my living room, my bedroom, a friend’s house, or travel with it.
- It’s basically 30 seconds of anything at one time. You hate it? Suck it up, you’ve got 18 seconds to go.
- Want to try it for free? Oh, YOU CAN because the first episode is on YouTube for free. Right here. Be ready to sweat.
- The abs of the ladies alone should inspire you.
- I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN GOAL NUMBER FOUR FOR JANUARY!
Last night was night one. You can ask me again tomorrow how sore I’m feeling… but I really really enjoyed it. It is like a mini boot camp. It’s EXACTLY what I was looking for. Oh the sweat! Oh the arm weights! Oh the abs! I’ve actually missed it and I’m so excited to get back into the swing of it.
Or maybe excited is a little too strong of a word? I’ll keep you posted…
Oh and if you’re in my new city – consider yourself invited over to Betsy’s Boot Camp… in her living room… with her 95 lb dog trying to help you with your ab workout (aka: licking your face and pawing at you)… There’s never a dull moment here, that’s for darn sure. But a free workout that’s fun? Well, that’s just something to smile about!